"SurgiBot has promise as a patient-side robotic system for precise dissection during many types of surgical procedures," Gagner said. "As an experienced laparoscopic surgeon, I appreciate the benefits of robotic precision, strength and ergonomics while remaining in control of the operative site in the sterile field. The system also allows the surgeon to control multiple instruments and a camera and therefore reduce reliance on other assistants during procedures."
"We're pleased to have achieved this important milestone in the development of SurgiBot," said
Keywords for this news article include: Surgery, Robotics, Machine Learning,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers