The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. announced it has reached an agreement with the City of Milwaukee to extend the lease for its Boston Store location in The Shops of Grand Avenue , Milwaukee, Wisconsin , contingent upon the City providing financial contributions from its downtown Tax Increment Financing district. According to a release, this extended store lease term would coincide with the extended lease term for the Company's corporate offices located above the Boston Store with both leases expiring at January 31, 2018 . These financial arrangements require public review and City Council approval which should be completed by April 2 . In the absence of this financial support, the Boston Store lease will expire at January 31, 2015 . "This agreement says a lot about both the history and the future of this part of Wisconsin Avenue ," Rocky Marcoux , the City's Commissioner of Development said. "It maintains a long-standing and valued retailer at this location, and it sends a message to other developers and investors that this neighborhood offers great opportunity moving forward." The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. , with corporate headquarters in York , Pennsylvania and Milwaukee, Wisconsin , operates 270 department stores, which includes 10 furniture galleries, in 25 states in the Northeast, Midwest and upper Great Plains under the Bon-Ton , Bergner's , Boston Store , Carson's, Elder-Beerman , Herberger's and Younkers nameplates. The stores offer a broad assortment of national and private brand fashion apparel and accessories for women, men and children, as well as cosmetics and home furnishings. More Information: investors.bonton.com ((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ))
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels