ENP Newswire - 23 January 2014 Release date- 22012014 - On Wednesday, 22 January over 2,500 heads of state, top politicians and industry representatives will gather together for the annual World Economic Forum at Davos . Nordea's Country Senior Executive of Sweden and Head of Retail Banking, Lennart Jacobsen , is one of the world's top executives that will be attending. The main themes this year are sustainability, effects of technology, growth for emerging economies and a world with a population of 9 billion. Lennart, why are you attending Davos? As an international bank, it is important for Nordea to be up to speed on trends and ideas on the world stage. The importance of Davos is that representatives from universities, industry and politics come together and discuss the global challenges we face and ideas for the future - not just in the financial sector. What do you think the most important questions will be this year? There is a broad spectrum of questions this year, but getting the global economy going and sustainability matters in general will, I believe, be of particular importance this year. What do you hope will be the most important conclusions/outcome of the WEF? A way forward for the world, in which growth and sustainability go hand in hand.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock