Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "Hydroxyl radicals are shown, by the photoluminescence technique using coumarin as a probe molecule, to be produced on the irradiated Bi2Fe4O9, and are scavenged on addition of ethanol and KI. The mechanisms involved are discussed in detail."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Based on the experimental results, hydroxyl radicals and photogenerated holes are suggested to be the two main active species in the photocatalytic degradation of MB by Bi2Fe4O9 nanoparticles."
For more information on this research see: Photocatalytic mechanism of Bi2Fe4O9 nanoparticles in the degradation of methylene blue. Progress in Reaction Kinetics and Mechanism, 2013;38(4):417-424. Progress in Reaction Kinetics and Mechanism can be contacted at: Science Reviews 2000 Ltd, PO Box 314,
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting T.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW