Jan. 23--Authorities on Thursday released two mug shots of Justin Bieber wearing red jail scrubs, with one photo of the singer smiling big and the other showing him looking somber.
The jail photographs were taken following the 19-year-old's arrest before dawn in a street-racing case, for which he was detained on charges of driving under the influence, resisting arrest without violence and having an expired driver's license from the state of Georgia, officials said.
Bieber was booked into a jail at 10:36 a.m., Miami-Dade County jail records show.
Bieber and a friend, Khalil Amir Sharieff, were in separate sports cars when they were stopped by police at 4:10 a.m. near Pine Tree Drive on Miami Beach. A combination of prescription medication, cannabis and alcohol may have contributed to the singer being impaired while driving, police said.
(c)2014 the Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
Visit the Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) at www.sun-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: Justin Bieber's mug shots released following his DUI arrest
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf