Talking Points: Aussie falls against the Dollar on Chinese PMI Euro rises on better than expected PMI Dollar continues losses on disappointing US data A look back at the past 24 hours of Forex trading using movements in the US Dollar Index: US Dollar 15 -Minute 12:00 01/22 to 12:00 01/23 EST The Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index has fallen to a new 7-day low, as today's releases of Purchasing Managers' Indexes across the globe showed strength in the Euro-zone and waning gains in the Unites States. The US Dollar rose to the daily high in the Tokyo session on a disappointing release of the HSBC PMI for Chinese manufacturing . AUD/USD declined 40 pips on the news. However, the dollar changed directions and put the daily highs in the rearview mirror on the announcement of better than expected PMI's in France , Germany , and the Euro-zone . EUR/USD also rallied about 40 pips over the course of the PMI releases. Finally, the US Dollar declined further at the beginning of the NY session on a plethora of weaker than expected US data . The standout data release was Markit's Preliminary PMI, which was announced at 53.7 for January versus 55.0 expected.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista