China Digital TV Holding Co. , a provider of conditional access (CA) systems to China's expanding digital television market, announced that it has raised its guidance for smart card shipments and revenue for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2013 . According to a release, China Digital TV now expects fourth quarter 2013 smart card shipments to be in the range of 4.8 million and 5 million exceeding the previously announced guidance range of 3.9 million to 4.2 million given on November 19, 2013 . For the fourth quarter of 2013, China Digital TV now estimates net revenues to be in the range of US$25 million and US$26 million , compared to previous guidance in the range of US$17.6 million and US$18.9 million . "Taking into account usual seasonal factors ahead of the Chinese New Year , our fourth quarter shipment volumes were better than we expected due to stronger smart card demand largely driven by operators in China's cable TV market," said Jianhua Zhu , China Digital TV's chairman and chief executive officer. The company noted that the outlook for the fourth quarter of 2013 is an estimate. Actual results are subject to the finalized financial reports of the fourth quarter of 2013. More information: ir.chinadtv.cn ((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ))
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?