Outgoing Minister in Charge of Rural Development in the Central African Republic , Marie Noelle Anadet Koyara on Wednesday said that the purchasing price for husk coffee has been set at CFA 180 per kilo.The price will be effective all over the country during the 2013-2014coffee collection and marketing campaign, the minister said in a meeting bringing together officials of ministerial departments of agriculture, trade, finance, FAO and members of the technical adjustment commission of the coffee sector responsible for determining prices. A joint ministerial decision sets the guidelines for prices per kilogram of other coffee varieties including prima coffee at CFA 519 CFA, high quality marketable coffee at CFA 481, marketable mainstream coffee at CFA 426 and limited marketable coffee at CFA 370. The manufacturing husk coffee price is set at CFA 45CFA per kg for this season that was launched on January 20 . Despite the recurrent crises the country faces, Minister Koyara said coffee production this year will reach 10 thousand tons of marketable coffee, a marked increase compared to the national production in the 2012-2013 season. She urged the board in charge of Agricultural Products Regulation, Marketing, Control and Packaging (ORCCPA) to ensure the success of the season. Representative of coffee producers did not attend the meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?