AlertBoot, a leading provider of mobile device management and full disk encryption managed services, has seen a surge of interest in its services from HIPAA covered entities (CE) and business associates (BA). This high level of interest has been traced back to the
Because the Federal Fiscal Year starts on
"OCR is really stepping up to the plate when it comes to HIPAA breaches," noted
Indeed, OCR Director
HIPAA regulations cover a wide berth, from patients' room listings to data on electronic devices, and guidance from multiple experts is necessary in order to completely comprehend the issues. When it comes to laptop encryption, AlertBoot can aid the struggling organization.
The AlertBoot managed full disk encryption solution for laptops is a NIST-validated, FIPS 140-2 approved solution that uses AES-256 encryption. Because HHS defers to NIST when it comes to details regarding encryption technology, covered entities and business associates know that they've addressed HIPAA Security Rule requirements regarding data-at-rest encryption for laptops.
The integrated, customizable reporting facilitates audits and compliance reviews. AlertBoot users can easily prove that computers are encrypted thanks to the cloud-based aspect to the FDE deployment and installation logs, which report on a computer's encryption status throughout its service life. If the computer is lost or stolen, you can present this report as incontrovertible proof that the laptop was protected, triggering safe harbor provisions under the Breach Notification Rule.
A partial list of benefits include:
• Password policy management. Ensure that proper password lengths and complexity is being used by employees and other members.
• Customizable reports. Insert and delete data as necessary on reports. Or create a new one from scratch to fit your needs.
• Encryption key backup. Encryption keys for ePHI recovery and data integrity are automatically backed up for easy management to disparate locations.
• Device agnostic / Multi-OS environment. Protection multiple devices from one console, be it Windows laptops, Macs, iPhones, Android smart phones, or tablets.
• "HIPAA compliant" encryption. HIPAA defers to NIST (the
• Lowest Total Cost. Pricing includes the additional costs that are traditionally not shown on price quotes, such as the management servers and software required to coordinate FDE installation and management, as well as licensing quotas.
• Fast deployment. As part of the "On-Demand Encryption" philosophy, clients can start securing laptops, smartphones, and tablets within minutes of signing up for service.
Learn today why HIPAA covered entities and business associates trust AlertBoot for their data security compliance requirements by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
AlertBoot Data Security offers a cloud-based data and mobile device security service for companies of any size who want a scalable and easy-to-deploy solution. Centrally managed through a secure web based console, AlertBoot offers mobile device management, mobile antivirus, remote wipe and lock, device auditing, USB drive and hard disk encryption managed services.
For more information on AlertBoot Mobile Security solutions, please visit http://www.alertboot.com/.
+1 702-659-8890 x3734
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11515395.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia