UAE -based Agthia Group , a leading food and beverage group, has reported preliminary unaudited net profit of Dh160 million ( $43.58 million ) for 2013, up 28 per cent. The increase was driven by strong sales and improved gross profits margins in Agthia's Agri Business Division and the Consumer Business Division, said a statement. It resulted from an improved sales mix, competitive procurement, in-house production of previously outsourced feed volume, cost saving initiatives and higher flour pricing in the Northern Emirates, it said. The total net sales increased 14 per cent year-on-year to Dh1.51 billion, driven by higher volumes. The Consumer Business Division, which produces and distributes products including Al Ain Mineral Water, Yoplait fresh dairy products and Capri-Sun juices, delivered a 16 per cent increase in sales, while the Agri Business Division, which manufactures and distributes Grand Mills flour and animal feed products, reported 13 per cent sales growth. - TradeArabia News Service ?
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing