A live audio-feed from the
The micro satellite, which was developed by students, was successfully launched by a RS-2OB Dnepr rocket.
It will orbit the Earth 15 times a day at an altitude of 600 kilometres and is expected to operate for between two and five years.
The satellite was developed by post-graduate students participating in the Satellite Systems Engineering Programme at the
It is approximately 100 times smaller than the Sputnik, the first satellite launched into space in 1957 but, despite its size, it has a very serious mission.
It will provide valuable space weather data to the
Ten years ago,
His Russian Soyuz spacecraft docked at the
While in space, he had a famous radio conversation with former President
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?