Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from R&D Center, "In order to compare its effectiveness, with respect to Au (NPs), the latter was synthesized separately by reducing HAuCl4 with lemon extract. These Au (NPs) along with RC-Au (NPs) were characterized by X-ray diffractometry (XRD), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), and UV-visible spectroscopy. The enhancement in anti-inflammatory characteristics was assessed as its inhibitory potential for lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced nitric oxide (NO) release, by rat peritoneal macrophages."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The RC-Au (NPs) significantly enhanced its potential to inhibit NO release, which was reported in terms of inhibitory concentration for 50% inhibition (IC50= 11.98 ng/ml), as compared to either RC extract (IC50=47 x 10(3) ng/ml) or to Au (NPs) (IC50=587.50 ng/ml)."
For more information on this research see: Enhanced antilipopolysaccharide (LPS) induced changes in macrophage functions by Rubia cordifolia (RC) embedded with Au nanoparticles. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2013;65():217-223. Free Radical Biology and Medicine can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen