Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from R&D Center, "In order to compare its effectiveness, with respect to Au (NPs), the latter was synthesized separately by reducing HAuCl4 with lemon extract. These Au (NPs) along with RC-Au (NPs) were characterized by X-ray diffractometry (XRD), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), and UV-visible spectroscopy. The enhancement in anti-inflammatory characteristics was assessed as its inhibitory potential for lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced nitric oxide (NO) release, by rat peritoneal macrophages."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The RC-Au (NPs) significantly enhanced its potential to inhibit NO release, which was reported in terms of inhibitory concentration for 50% inhibition (IC50= 11.98 ng/ml), as compared to either RC extract (IC50=47 x 10(3) ng/ml) or to Au (NPs) (IC50=587.50 ng/ml)."
For more information on this research see: Enhanced antilipopolysaccharide (LPS) induced changes in macrophage functions by Rubia cordifolia (RC) embedded with Au nanoparticles. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2013;65():217-223. Free Radical Biology and Medicine can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels