NBC has decided not to proceed with a reboot of the U.S. television mystery series, "Murder, She Wrote," starring Octavia Spencer, Deadline.com reported.
The proposed series was to follow a hospital administrator and amateur sleuth who self-publishes her first mystery novel.
NBC ordered a pilot starring Spencer last fall, but has since opted not to order a series based on it.
The original show ran from 1984 to 1996 and featured Angela Lansbury as a Maine mystery writer who found herself at the scenes of crimes wherever she went.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: 'Murder She Wrote' reboot nixed at NBC
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter