NBC has decided not to proceed with a reboot of the U.S. television mystery series, "Murder, She Wrote," starring Octavia Spencer, Deadline.com reported.
The proposed series was to follow a hospital administrator and amateur sleuth who self-publishes her first mystery novel.
NBC ordered a pilot starring Spencer last fall, but has since opted not to order a series based on it.
The original show ran from 1984 to 1996 and featured Angela Lansbury as a Maine mystery writer who found herself at the scenes of crimes wherever she went.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: 'Murder She Wrote' reboot nixed at NBC
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller