NBC has decided not to proceed with a reboot of the U.S. television mystery series, "Murder, She Wrote," starring Octavia Spencer, Deadline.com reported.
The proposed series was to follow a hospital administrator and amateur sleuth who self-publishes her first mystery novel.
NBC ordered a pilot starring Spencer last fall, but has since opted not to order a series based on it.
The original show ran from 1984 to 1996 and featured Angela Lansbury as a Maine mystery writer who found herself at the scenes of crimes wherever she went.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: 'Murder She Wrote' reboot nixed at NBC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down