The Bank of England (BoE) don`t see no immediate need to rasie the benchmark interest rate even if unemployment reached its 7% threshold in the near future. The minuts of the Monetary Policy Commiitee (MPC) meeting held on 8-9 January showed memebrs have voted unanimously in favor of leaving the bank rate unchanged at 0.50% in Janaury. Simultaneoulsy, the nine-member panel also voted to maintain the size of asset purchases at 375 billion pounds. Separately, offical data showed that unemployment unexpectdly fell closer to the Bank`s threshold.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia