Moody's believes India's economic recovery is likely to be slow in the second half of this year. According to Tom Byrne , Senior VP and Manager Moody's Sovereign Risk Group , the outcome of general elections could have an impact on the growth prospects, depending on how it impacts sentiment and policies. The country's inflation and interest rates are projected to decline during the year. The nation's gross domestic product (GDP) accelerated 4.6% during first half of 2013-14, while the government has projected an expansion of 5% for the entire fiscal.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?