Saudi-based telecom operator Mobily has launched the guardian apps, a first-of-its-kind in the kingdom, aimed at controlling their children's Android smartphones.
The "Mobily Guardian App" has been developed in collaboration with US-based
Mobily Guardian App includes premium features that allow parents to have full control over their children smartphones.
It can locate their child's phone instantly or periodically using text message commands, set time restrictions to limit usage of the device, enable parents to block, allow and set time limits on selected apps to be used by the child and to monitor text messages for inappropriate language as well as block calls and texts from unwanted contacts and numbers.
Mobily said the "Mobily Guardian App" includes premium features that will work under a trial period free of charge for 14 days. After that a monthly subscription of SR15/month or SR99/year (
The strategic point of using this App is the assurance of ideal use of smartphones by children, and reduces the negative impacts that may result from using them. It also allows the parents the chance to determine the content matching the age of their children and to protect them against any inappropriate contents, said the Saudi firm.
Mobily said this is a new initiative from the company to help enhance and support the field of applications and add new solutions in line with the wide spread of smartphones in the Kingdom.-
Most Popular Stories
- Diplomatic, Financial Fix Sought for Ukraine Crisis
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Las Vegas Casino Wants 'Blackout Drunk' Gambler to Pony up $500,000
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Staples Closing Stores, Moving Online
- Stocks Get Green Light on Weekly Jobless Claims
- Costco Revenue Up, Profits Down in Q2
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?