Kwara State Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed has requested the state House of Assembly to approve a loan facility of N206million from a bank to enable him pay counterpart funding for Millennium Development Goals (MDG) projects in the state. The request was contained in a letter dated January 7, 2014 , and directed to Speaker of the House, Razak Atunwa. According to the letter, the decision to seek the loan was reached on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 , at the state executive council meeting. The facility has a tenure of 12 months with monthly repayment of principle and interest of the disposed amount. The request has been referred the House Committee on Finance and Appropriation for further action.
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Sbarro Files for Bankruptcy Again