Japanese pitching ace Masahiro Tanaka will sign with the New York Yankees for $155 million over seven years, according to multiple reports.
The Cubs and White Sox were among the teams that made offers for Tanaka.
Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com first reported the deal via Twitter. It includes an opt-out clause after four years.
Original headline: BRIEF: Reports: Tanaka gets 7-year, $155M deal from Yankees
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story