There will be no chairman or chairwoman in front of Janet Yellen's name when she becomes the first woman to head the Federal Reserve on Feb. 1.
Her preference will be Federal Reserve Board Chair Janet Yellen. Her decision is consistent with the title she used in the Fed's No. 2 job, when she was referred to as Fed Vice Chair Janet Yellen.
Copyright 2014 USA TODAY
Original headline: Don't call her chairwoman
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu