There will be no chairman or chairwoman in front of Janet Yellen's name when she becomes the first woman to head the Federal Reserve on Feb. 1.
Her preference will be Federal Reserve Board Chair Janet Yellen. Her decision is consistent with the title she used in the Fed's No. 2 job, when she was referred to as Fed Vice Chair Janet Yellen.
Copyright 2014 USA TODAY
Original headline: Don't call her chairwoman
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy