There will be no chairman or chairwoman in front of Janet Yellen's name when she becomes the first woman to head the Federal Reserve on Feb. 1.
Her preference will be Federal Reserve Board Chair Janet Yellen. Her decision is consistent with the title she used in the Fed's No. 2 job, when she was referred to as Fed Vice Chair Janet Yellen.
Copyright 2014 USA TODAY
Original headline: Don't call her chairwoman
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English