There will be no chairman or chairwoman in front of Janet Yellen's name when she becomes the first woman to head the Federal Reserve on Feb. 1.
Her preference will be Federal Reserve Board Chair Janet Yellen. Her decision is consistent with the title she used in the Fed's No. 2 job, when she was referred to as Fed Vice Chair Janet Yellen.
Copyright 2014 USA TODAY
Original headline: Don't call her chairwoman
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say