The device will be available at power retailers across the country in a day or two with a price tag of Dh899 for 8GB version and Dh999 for the 16GB version, according to the company.
The company wanted to target the 500 million people looking for affordable mobile phones priced at
Speaking at the launch news conference,
"People all around the world want to be a part of the mobile Internet so they can access the world's information, share, and connect with the things that matter to them. But the smartphone industry has relegated hundreds of millions of smartphone buyers to second-class status, preventing them from experiencing the mobile Internet at its best," he said.
Moto G is distributed by
"The response to Moto G in North American and European markets has been phenomenal and we are pleased to bring this advanced smartphone to consumers in the
Consumers can also customise their Moto G phones to reflect their own unique style by changing the back of the phone to match their taste. The attractive back covers — called Motorola Shells — are available in a wide variety of colours and styles. In addition, the phone is equipped with Grip Shells to give Moto G added protection all around the edges and the front of the display.
Motorola said the device has the sharpest in its class brilliant 4.5-inch HD display, the newest Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, and Dual SIM support. Moto G comes with unique Motorola apps, including Motorola Migrate, which allows transfer of photos, videos, SIM contacts, call history, texts and more in just three easy steps. Additionally, 50 GB free storage on
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property