ENP Newswire -
Release date- 21012014 - Improving operational efficiencies across the healthcare system is one of the most critical priorities for healthcare administrators today.
Patients wait to be admitted and discharged. Doctors wait for test results. Staff wait for assignments. Rooms wait to be cleaned. Every hour spent waiting represents an expense to the hospital that in aggregate costs the health care system billions of dollars each year.
With this proposed acquisition,
GE currently works hand-in-hand with customers to tackle these challenges by critically looking at patient flow and asset optimization - resulting in improved efficiency, reducing unnecessary operational costs and improving the overall patient experience.
With labor costs in 2013 accounting for over 50 percent of hospital and health system operating budgets, addressing labor productivity is critical to helping the industry tackle their operational efficiency needs.
Having the data, analytics and resources necessary to proactively assign the right doctor or nurse with the right credentials to the right kind of patient at the right time is critical. This isn't a best practice across the industry today but should be. If labor staffing is done efficiently, the quality of patient care improved.
GE and industry leaders strongly believe that addressing asset, patient and staff operations, collectively, in real-time will enable hospitals to run more efficiently, resulting in cost savings, shorter wait times and higher quality patient care.
Through the Industrial Internet,
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia