Talking Points: ** Breakouts are inevitable - just as ranges and trends - but that doesn't make them imminent ** Technical conditions, event risk catalysts and market conditions spark breakouts and determine momentum ** We look at USDollar , CADJPY , EURUSD , EURJPY and the S&P 500 for their breakout potential A breakout for the EURUSD and S&P 500 is inevitable. Technicals for these benchmarks reflect terminal patterns whose boundaries are dangerously close. Yet, that doesn't mean that the moves will be made in the next hour or day and in some instances (though not these) even in the next week. Furthermore, a breakout does not insure a new trend will be established on the other side of the support or resistance. How do we spot breakouts and what are the general rules to trade these eye-catching market developments? That is the topic for today's Forex Strategy Video.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter