TOKYO , Jan. 23 -- ( Kyodo ) _ The U.S. dollar traded in the upper 104 yen zone in early Tokyo trading on Thursday, up from its levels overnight in New York . At 9 a.m. , the dollar fetched 104.65-66 yen compared with 104.48-58 yen in New York and 104.36-38 yen in Tokyo at 5 p.m. Wednesday . The euro was quoted at $1.3543-3545 and 141.74-76 yen against $1.3542-3552 and 141.53-63 yen in New York and $1.3544-3546 and 141.35-39 yen in Tokyo late Wednesday afternoon. In New York overnight, the dollar was somewhat firmer against the yen amid expectations that the interest rate gap between Japan and the United States could widen as U.S. long-term rates go up, dealers said.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law