Canon has announced two new mobile ready multifunction printers (MFPs), and new releases and updates to its range of apps for mobile printing and scanning.
The devices and apps are intended to help organisations to get the most out of mobile workforces, and to be able to to manage, print and scan documents via a range of mobile devices.
The two black-and-white MFPs, the i-SENSYS MF6140dn and MF6180dw, have print speeds of up to 33ppm, with automatic double-sided printing and a low Total Energy Consumption rating as low 1.3 kWh/week to reduce time and cost of printing. The i-SENSYS MF6180dw comes with Wi-Fi functionality as standard.
The devices also support a range of mobile printing and scanning solutions, including Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and the new Canon Mobile Scanning for Business app and the updated Canon Mobile Printing app.
Canon's new mobile scanning app is a free app which allows users to scan documents directly to their mobile devices and to the cloud, send via email, or modify scan settings such as resolution, file format or colour mode. Users can also manage scanned documents saved on their mobile devices through the app, with the flexibility to change the files' location or further process the scans for printing or sharing via other apps installed on the device.
The Canon Mobile Printing app for iOS features has been updated with a new data conversion service, which ensures documents are printed in the correct layout every time. Canon is also adding support for MEAP-enabled i-SENSYS printers to its Google Cloud Print for MEAP app, making them suitable for mobile-working. Furthermore, a range of existing i-SENSYS devices now feature support for printing from Windows RT tablets.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder