British Land said yesterday it has sold its Eastgate Shopping Centre in Basildon to property investment group Infrared Capital Partners for £88.6m. The 700,000 square feet shopping centre is anchored by an Asda supermarket and a Debenhams department store, and also has two office buildings and a 696 space multi-storey car park. Head of retail Charles Maudsley said: "This year, we will continue to sell retail assets which do not fit our strategy and reinvest the capital where we see better growth and return potential."
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'