Meezan Bank has won the award of ”Best Islamic Bank in Pakistan“ for 2013 from Islamic Finance News of REDmoney Group , Malaysia . This is the eighth time the bank has received this award. The Islamic Finance News Awards honour the best in the Islamic financial industry across the world and are among the most recognised in the Islamic financial markets. According to a press release, Meezan Bank has also won other awards. It got the ”Pakistan Deal of the Year“ award for providing advisory services to the Government of Pakistan to enable it to raise funds in a Shariah-compliant manner. The bank was appointed joint financial adviser for an Ijarah Sukuk issue of Rs43.018 billion . It also received ”Ijarah Deal of the Year“ award for Siemens Pakistan Engineering Company’s Rs200 million off-balance-sheet lease facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU