For this purpose, quaternary modified montmorillonite and common enzymes such as cellulose and laccase and their mixture was used in the cotton fabric.
The treated samples and dispersed nano clays in the effluent were analyzed using different methods.
The nano bio-finishing is believed to impart antibacterial and antifungal activities with higher lightness and softness to cotton fabrics, which proved to have no adverse effects (low toxicity) on human dermal fibroblasts.
Findings suggest the potential of the proposed method in reducing the risk of microorganisms in textiles and imparting better quality and appearance
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW