Based on the findings from an earlier engagement with Wharfedale, it was evident that there was a need to make adjustments to the method and process in which the customer protects and insures High Availability (HA) within their SAP environment and IT architecture for enterprise computing.
The customer requested WFT to architect a high availability solution for their SAP environment that can address these gaps and meet following criteria:
• Meet Business needs in short and long term
• Align with the current technology used and future technology direction
Working directly with the identified technical owners, WFT reviewed availability requirement for each component. For each component it was determined if availability is required at the infrastructure level, at the application level or both. In order to maximize ROI for each component, WFT looked to re-use non-production assets as part of the production availability.
Based on the infrastructure and application information collected, WFT proposed a high availability solution for each SAP system component. The HA solution design was based on integration of the SAP infrastructure and database tools for that particular component. The design took into consideration the inevitable requirement of external as well as internal consistencies of the component.
Based on the requirements, WFT evaluated the following to provide the customer with the appropriate HA options:
• HA options for SAP that would support virtualization using
• High availability options and possibilities available at application (SAP) layer.
• Options of providing HA for
• Options of providing HA at Storage level (RAID, redundant storage etc).
• Options of providing HA using
• Options of providing HA at OS layer (AIX, Linux, and Windows).
• Impact of the overall HA design on future tools that might be adopted for Disaster Recovery ex. Site Recovery Manager.
• Clustering of critical application components with application specific monitoring and failover.
The final options presented took into consideration of the existing infrastructure and application tools already bought by customer. It also took into consideration of the current and planned technology tools used by strategic business groups and came up with different options to meet the business needs for HA.
WFT helped the customer that relies on SAP with an integrated, out-of-the-box solution for SAP application. WFT was able to curtail cost by utilizing all the existing technology tools already bought by the customer. WFT solution helped reduce the risks and costs of maintaining the SAP application in support of critical Business process. SAP application integration with the underlying infrastructure provided the strategic backbone for the innovative High Availability solution that helped meet the business need for non-disruptive availability of the critical SAP application.
Founded in 2000,
For more information on Wharfedale and WFT Cloud services, please visit http://www.wftus.com or call us at (888) 533-3113.
SAP® and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP® AG in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/High_Availability_Soln/Manufacturing_Comp_WFT/prweb11506970.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels