TOKYO , Jan. 22 -- ( Kyodo ) _ Tokyo stocks ended Wednesday morning marginally higher after hovering without a clear direction as investors waited for the outcome of the Bank of Japan's policy meeting due out later in the day and upcoming earnings reports. The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 5.18 points, or 0.03 percent, from Tuesday to 15,801.14. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the Tokyo Stock Exchange was up 3.78 points, or 0.29 percent, to 1,299.73. Oil and coal, real estate and metal shares were among the major decliners while brokerage and banking issues drew buying.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001