Goya Foods, the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the U.S., appointed Luis Tejada as the vice president of sales, the company announced Tuesday.
Mr. Tejada will oversee the sales delivery system of Goya Foods' 2,200-plus products and focus on strategic development and execution of sales and initiatives. He will also be tasked with creating business within the general market and address the cross-cultural growth of the changing U.S. population, the company said.
"As a Dominican and a Latino, I am proud to work for Goya, the most significant ethnic food brand that is committed to excellence and deeply rooted in the traditions of its Latin culture and heritage," said Mr. Tejada in a press release. "It's wonderful to be back and I am eager to use the skills and valuable experiences I have gained within the industry to really make a difference in the growth of Goya for many years to come."
Joe Perez, senior vice president of Goya Foods, said Mr. Tejada will focus on the diversity of the unique Latin cultures and address those needs from a business perspective.
"His ability and understanding of both markets coupled with his multidisciplinary background and approach is an invaluable asset to Goya as we continue to grow," Mr. Perez said in a statement.
Mr. Tejada returns to Goya with 23 years of experience in strategic business development and project management. He served as vice president of marketing and development at White Rose Food and prior to that he was the regional strategy manager at Reckitt Benckiser Inc.
Mr. Tejada lives in Summit, N.J., with his wife, Sandra, and two children.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday