Johnson & Johnson Price: $94.03 Chg: - $1.03 % chg: -1.1% Day's high/low: $95.04 / $92.63 The medical company's shares suffered after warning 2014 earnings would be between $5.75 and $5.85 a share due to weak prescription drug sales. Analysts forecast profit at the top of the range. Alcoa Shares of the aluminum producer jumped after JPMorgan Chase doubled its forecast for the company's 2014 earnings to 78 cents a share, saying aluminum will be more scarce due to global demand. Dow Chemical The industrial chemical company's shares rose after hedge fund Third Point said it took a stake. Third Point , led by Dan Loeb , is believed to want Dow to sell off parts, such as its petrochemical unit.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy