Delta Air Lines reported a higher-thanexpected fourth-quarter profit yesterday, aided by lower fuel costs and higher fares. Delta, now the third-largest US airline behind the newly merged American Airlines and United Continental , said it expected margins to widen in the current period. Quarterly net income was $8.5bn , aided by an $8bn tax benefit, up from $7m a year earlier. Revenue rose six per cent to $9.08bn .
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- U.S. Highway Fund Nearly Broke, Jeopardizing Jobs
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work