Slovak state-owned postal services company Slovenska Posta ( Slovak Post ) is expected to post a net profit of EUR 2mn for 2013, swinging from a loss of EUR 2.7mn in 2012, Pravda daily reported. This would be the company's first profitable year following three consecutive years with losses, Slovenska Posta's spokesperson Stanislava Pondelova said. Pondelova added that revenue from international postal services, courier services and financial services contributed the most to Slovenska Posta's 2013 performance but gave no figures. The company's CEO Thomas Drucker said that the company will aim to remain profitable in the next years without cutting jobs. Slovenska Posta had 14,300 employees and more than 1,500 branches and sales points throughout the country as of the end of 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers