National Bank of Georgia reported that as of December 31, 2013 , number of debit cards made up 4.57 million, accounting for 76.96% of total cards. By the end of 2012, debit cards accounted for 83.64%. Out of total debit cards, Visa accounted for 62.95% (instead of 76.25% in 2012). Number of these debit cards has decreased by 8.4%, making up 2.87 million in 2013. EC/MC cards, which number made up 924,375 (increase – 1.8 times), accounted for 20.21% of total debit cards (instead of 12.27% in 2012). Other systems (769,583 cards, growth – 1.6 times) accounted for 16.83% (instead of 11.46%). In the reporting period, there were 5.94 million banking plastic cards in circulation in the country, increasing by 20.57% year-on-year.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions