Although the wholesale price of coarse rice marked a fall by 0.9 percent in the capital over the fortnight ending on January 9 , the retail price increased by 1.4 percent. During the period, the wholesale price of coarse rice (Swarna) in Dhaka city markets decreased by 0.9 percent, down to Tk 33.8 per kilogram, but the retail prices rose by 1.4 percent, up to Tk 36.5 per kg, according to the National Food Policy Capacity Strengthening Programme (NFPCSP). Over the same period, the wholesale price of wheat (atta) in the capital soared by 2.4 percent, up to Tk 30.3 per kg, while the retail price remained unchanged at Tk 33 per kg. The fortnightly Foodgrain Outlook also showed that the retail and the wholesale prices of coarse rice have increased by 25.9 and 40.3 percents respectively in the capital over the last one year.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?