National Bank of Georgia reported that as of December 31, 2013 , there were 1.36 million credit cards in circulation in the country, increasing in number by 69.83% year-on-year. Share of credit cards in banking cards' total number reached 23%. At that, share of Visa increased from 72.7% in 2012 to 74.63% in the reporting year. Number of credit cards of this system made up 1.02 million, increasing 1.74 times year-on-year. EC/MC (238,606 cards, growth – 4.15 times) accounted for 17.43% instead of 7.12% in 2012. Other systems (108,461 credit cards, decline – 33.26%) accounted for 7.92% instead of 20.16% in 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign