"We need to crack down on these criminals who are stealing and reselling these devices, costing consumers more than
Klobuchar's legislation would require all phones sold in
Earlier this year, Klobuchar called on the five major wireless companies to address these thefts and ensure consumers have the most advanced security technology at their fingertips. Advanced technology like "kill switches" would deter criminals who intend to illegally resell the devices, but these features are not available on all phones at this time.
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140122-4608942 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence