The first bioveterinary science degree to be offered in
The new degree can be described as the study of life at all levels of complexity from molecules to populations. Bioveterinary science is divided into many specialisations such as biology, biological sciences, life sciences and animal sciences.
The degree opens up numerous opportunities for graduates to work in range of veterinary-related sectors such as the pharmaceutical, food and agricultural sectors, medical-based industries, biomedical research, animal nutrition or veterinary public health.
According to Dr
"The aim of the BSc (Honours) in Bioveterinary Science is to provide a multidisciplinary undergraduate education by developing specific expertise and comprehensive training in bioveterinary science which underpins modern veterinary and laboratory practice," Dr Murphy said.
Pointing to the recent job announcements by the
This degree is ideally suited to a student who has a strong twin interest in the biological and veterinary areas. The bioveterinary science graduate will be very well qualified to work in scientific laboratories in a wide range of industries. Graduates are well placed to go on to employment in veterinary diagnostics and pharmaceutical research, veterinary, medical and nutritional sales, hospital and forensic laboratory work. Graduates of this programme may apply for positions in allied animal industries such as feed and equipment manufacturers, artificial breeding associations, pharmaceutical firms, breeding and livestock organisations and government agencies. Graduates may also find employment in zoos, kennels, animal clinics, stud farms, animal sanctuaries and similar facilities.
On validation with the
The BSc (Hons) in Bioveterinary Science degree does not confer eligibility to register with the
Application to the BSc (Honours) in Bioveterinary Science (AL842) is through the CAO. Further information is available at www.ait.ie/cao.
CC Autotriage7sm-140121-30TagarumaMar-4608330 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence