Anheuser-Busch InBev has agreed to buy back South Korea's Oriental Brewery for $5.8 billion (pound(s)3.5bn) and return to a large Asian market at a time of strong industry growth across the region. The sale by KKR & Co and Affinity Equity Partners will be Asia's biggest ever for private equity, excluding flotations, giving them returns of more than five times their investment. InBev offloaded Oriental Brewery in 2009 as one of a number of divestments after buying Anheuser-Busch.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU