Genesis Analytics The Genesis Analytics, a consulting firm that advises governments and companies in emerging markets on competition, strategy, regulation and development has announced the strengthening and expansion of its services in financial risk management. To this end, the South Africa -based firm said it recently appointed Mr. James Bernstein , a top risk professional, as Head of its new Risk Management Unit. A statement explained that the unit was established in response to the growing challenges presented by new regulatory requirements and the need for financial institutions to improve their risk management capabilities. "Increasingly active balance sheet management is the cornerstone of competitive strategy in today's financial institutions," Bernstein said. He noted that being able to respond to changing risks and regulations was fundamental to both sustainability and success. "The new risk management unit at Genesis Analytics will therefore be working with clients across the entire risk spectrum, leveraging off the firm's full complement of products and analytical expertise," the statement explained. Commenting on the expanded services offering, the Head of the Financial Institutions Practice at Genesis Analytics, Richard Ketley said Bernstein brings with him unique skills and experience. "With the appointment of James Bernstein we have added an expert on risk management to our team, right at a time when banks need to improve their ability to manage capital and liquidity in rapidly evolving markets. "Throughout Africa , regulators are calling on banks to comply with global best practice, and many do not have the internal skills or systems necessary in order to comply. This is the gap we intend to fill," he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels