Electricity consumption has grown by more than 10% for the moment, Minister of Energy and Industry Osmonbek Artykbaev told reporters on January 22 . The Minister stressed importance of introduction of additional electricity generation capacity. "The Bishkek plant's equipment is run-down, specialists say malfunction could occur at any moment," the Minister added. The northern parts of Kyrgyzstan encounter electricity shortage. Rehabilitation of the Bishkek combined heat and power plant will give additional 300 MW capacity. The current capacity of the plant is 200-215 MW. Kyrgyzstan signed $386 million loan agreement for rehabilitation of Bishkek combined heat and power plant with the Export-Import Bank of China . The maturity period will be 20 years, the grace period – 11 years. The Kyrgyz government selected Tebian Electric Apparatus Stock Co Ltd as contractor at the recommendation of the Chinese Embassy in Bishkek . Modernization is expected to take 3 years.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March