Mondelez , the maker of Cadbury chocolate and Oreo cookies, added activist investor Nelson Peltz to its board yesterday in a deal that ends his campaign to have the company merge with PepsiCo . Peltz has been pushing Mondelez to sell itself to the beverage and snacks giant since the middle of last year. Shares in the US-listed firm opened down three per cent as hopes of a deal evaporated.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'