BlackBerry shares got a welcome boost as the
According to a
The news is an indication that while BlackBerry has lost its appeal among consumers, government customers may still rely on its phones as they are able to meet the more strict security standards set by government entities.
BlackBerry stock was up 8.2% in
BlackBerry has seen about 95% of its market capitalisation wiped out through competing devices from Apple, Samsung and others. Its US stock plunged 37% during 2013, but has gained around 22% this year, up to 17 January.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4