The game uses the same phonics-style approach to language learning as its predecessor, organising various phrases in accordance with pronunciation rules, allowing players to comprehend and discover the rules in the course of playing and thereby build a foundation for the pronunciation of other phrases with the same tone combinations. An online guide (http://benbeninfo.com/games/learning-guide/) also provides users with detailed supplemental study information. In terms of content, more Chinese cultural elements have been incorporated into the game, such as the use of “baozi” (“bun”) in place of “sandwich” in the English-language version of the app.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?