Tashkent, Uzbekistan ( UzDaily.com ) -- Number of banking cards, issued by commercial banks into circulation, made up about 11.068 million units as of 1 January 2014 . According to the Central Bank of Uzbekistan , some 11.02 million banking cards are owned by individuals, 31,349 corporate cards – legal entities and 16,283 corporate cards – individual businesspersons. Agrobank, National Bank of Uzbekistan and People's Bank are leading on number of issued cards. Agrobank issued over 2.38 million cards, NBU – over 1.758 million cards and People's Bank – about 1.517 million cards. Asaka Bank issued 1.174 million cards, Ipoteka Bank – 1.038 million cards and Uzpromstroybank 885,159 cards. The lowest number of banking cards were issued by Samarkand Bank (1,075 cards) and Hi-Tech Bank (5,596 cards). Commercial banks of Uzbekistan installed about 129,679 units of POS-terminals and 1,733 units of ATMs and infokiosks. Agrobank, People's Bank , Ipoteka Bank and NBU are leading on number of installed POS-terminals. Agrobank installed 20,830 POS-terminals, People's Bank – 19,623 POS-terminals, Ipoteka Bank – 15,009 POS-terminals and NBU - 14,714 POS-terminals. Kapitalbank (529 units), Hamkorbank (296 units) and NBU (243 units) are leading on number of installed ATMs and infokiosks.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March