Energy company Akenerji said it received several loans from local lenders to payback its USD 75mn loan to the International Finance Corporation (IFC). According to the statement Akenerji issued to the Bourse Istanbul, the energy company secured USD 20mn from Garanti Bankasi, TRY 50mn from Yapi Kredi , another TRY 50mn ( EUR 17mn ) loan from Is Bankasi and finally TRY 25mn from state-owned Vakifbank. Akenerji had obtained the IFC loan in 2010 with a maturity of four years to finance its investments to increase installed capacity. In an earlier statement this week, Akenerji said it was seeking loans with better terms than that of the IFC loan.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?