Military satellites have become extravagant luxuries. Commercial bandwidth leases also are entering the "too expensive" category as defense budgets shrink.
"We need innovative approaches" for providing space-based services, said Lt. Gen.
Pawlikowski, who oversees a
"A different strategy would be for us to go out and leverage the bargain basement aspects of the satcom business," Pawlikowski told National Defense in a telephone interview from
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers