Military satellites have become extravagant luxuries. Commercial bandwidth leases also are entering the "too expensive" category as defense budgets shrink.
"We need innovative approaches" for providing space-based services, said Lt. Gen.
Pawlikowski, who oversees a
"A different strategy would be for us to go out and leverage the bargain basement aspects of the satcom business," Pawlikowski told National Defense in a telephone interview from
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen