Bangladesh Railway (BR) on Monday signed an agreement with three consultancy firms to supervise its two sub-projects funded by Asian Development Bank . General manager of Bangladesh Railway Sagar Krishna Chakrabarti, also the Project Director, and Managing Director of SMEC International Pvt Ltd Golam Mostofa signed the deal on behalf of their respective sides. Railways Minister Muzibul Haque , Railways Secretary Abul Kalam Azad and high officials of the respective sides were present. Under the agreement, the three firms - SMEC International Pty Ltd , Australia in Joint Venture with CANARAIL Consultants Inc. and Canada and ACE Consultants Ltd Bangladesh - will jointly supervise the two sub-projects. The sub-projects are rehabilitation of yards and extension of loops at different stations in Darshana-Ishwardi-Sirajganj Bazar section and upgrading of signaling at 11 stations between Ishwardi and Darshana within 30 months. The agreement involved around Tk 27.3 crore . Of them, ADB will provide Tk 20.4 crore and the Bangladesh government will bear the rest Tk 6.9 crore .
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic