The OS, named China Operating System, or COS, has been developed by the
According to Chinadaily, COS includes applicability to a wide range of computer-based hardware and not just smartphones, and it is also touted to fix a range of existing programming bugs and errors.
Director of the institute, Li Minshu said that the release of COS aims to break the monopoly that foreign companies have on fundamental software, and to introduce an operating system with our own intellectual property rights.
Wu said that with the existing vulnerabilities fixed, it is hard for hackers to remotely control a computer or smartphone running COS. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11