HAMILTON, Bermuda , Jan. 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- North Atlantic Drilling Ltd. ("North Atlantic Drilling"), our majority owned subsidiary, announced today that it intends to offer US$600 million in aggregate principal amount of unsecured senior notes due 2019 (the "Notes") in a private offering within the United States to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and to certain other persons outside of the United States in reliance on Regulation S under the Securities Act. North Atlantic Drilling intends to use the net proceeds of this offering for the prepayment of existing indebtedness, including a premium on early settlement, transaction expenses and general corporate purposes. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the Notes, nor shall there be any sale of the Notes in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale is unlawful. Any offer of the Notes will be made only by means of a private offering memorandum. The Notes have not been, and will not be, registered under the Securities Act or the securities laws of any other jurisdiction and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements under the Securities Act. The statements in this news release that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements. Such forward looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of North Atlantic Drilling's management and are subject to risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ from the forward looking statements. The information set forth herein should be read in light of such risks. North Atlantic Drilling does not assume any obligation to update the information contained in this news release. This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act. HUG#1755663 CONTACT: Seadrill +47 51 30 99 00 Source: Seadrill Limited
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?